Amanda Thompson, MD, FAAP
Dr. Amanda Thompson graduated from University of Maryland School of Medicine. She completed residency at the University of Maryland Children's Hospital, where she received the Primary Care Pediatrician award for the outstanding care and service she provided to patients in the Division of General Pediatrics. She is board certified and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Her special interests include maternal and newborn wellness, breastfeeding medicine, behavioral health, and providing a holistic approach to patient and family care.
Dr. Thompson was born and raised in Maryland and is happy to provide care to children and families in her home town! She lives in Linthicum with her husband, 3 kiddos, and dog. When out of the office, you can catch her enjoying time outside with the family, grabbing a bite to eat in the city, or taking a barre class at The Bar Method Baltimore.
Academics & Degrees
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (Baltimore, MD): Doctor of Medicine
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC): Bachelor of Sciences in Biology and Psychology
- University of Maryland Medical Center: Pediatric Residency Program
- Board Certified Pediatrician
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR)
3 Fun Facts about Dr. Amanda Thompson
- I sing on the Worship Team at my church with my husband, and it's not uncommon to also see one of our kiddos making an appearance up on stage with us!
- I LOVE barre and have taken over 800 classes. I love bringing new people to check it out - I even got my mom hooked and now we do it together!
- I was the youngest in an experimental group of patients to undergo brain surgery for seizures at the age of 2.5 years old. It was done at the University of Maryland where I later completed my own medical training!
I love my job because I get to have fun and be a kid myself with my little patients, be a teacher and guide for older patients and parents, and be a student and continue to learn every day from my patients and families! It truly is the best job in the world!